Emily and I spent New Year's Eve, Sunday evening, with Dwight and Martha. They hadn't seen Emily yet. This was Emily's first time out since her wisdom teeth surgery. She was dizzy this morning so didn't go to church...she really is doing quite well and we are most thankful. Thanks for praying for her! The girls make fun of me for having a little bell for her to ring if she needs something - but they know they also received that loving care, too. Do you notice the great shirt I have on....Emily gave me a LETU t-shirt with MOM on it.........yes, I love it! We had a great time at Cannons. Dwight took good care of Ems....warming her pad for her slightly swollen checks from the wisdom teeth surgery, bringing drinks, and fun cookies and snacks, making sure she was warm and covered up. He also made sure my yarn didn't get more tangled as I crocheted...and would lay it all out in their family room. Martha was knitting a beautiful, soft, pink sweater for a new great granddaughter due to arrive in April. They have recently celebrated their 60th anniversary.........such a wonderful milestone....and it is fun and touching to see how Dwight loves on Martha and takes care of her...their daughters are so proud of them and love them....and they count me as a daughter, too. They all are such blessings to me! They all enjoyed watching me crochet a hat out of all the left over colors of scarves I made and sent to Alaska. I think it turned out very striking and will be given to the hightest bidder!!!! Millions of dollars were spent celebrating the arrival of the New Year 2007 ~ I am thankful that I don't have to spend millions or perform in a certain way to have a relationship and to celebrate my relationship with my Heavenly Father. He loves me as I am. His mercies for me, for you, are new every morning, GREAT is His Faithfulness! He is faithful to EVERY SINGLE promise in His Word, His love letter to you and to me.Let's purpose in our hearts to speak forth love~ blessings~ life~ to those around us....to those we love! Life is too short. This is my prayer for each of you. Just as it says in Deuteronony - we can choose our words.... we can choose to speak forth life and blessings or curses and death..........Let's bond together, let's purpose, agree, make a covenant to speak forth life, to encourage each other in our walk with the Lord Jesus, and help each other grow in our relationship with God, our Father, for that is where LIFE truly is and what LIFE is truly all about. This is my New Year's Prayer for each of you.
AND....
PLEASE don't miss an opportunity to say I love you to those you love, demonstrate your love by your actions,
and let's be thankful together and SHARE THE JOY!
And yes, my two boys can call their grandmama ANYTIME they want to!
I LOVE YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
and let's be thankful together and SHARE THE JOY!
And yes, my two boys can call their grandmama ANYTIME they want to!
I LOVE YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:
I love the pic of you with the two boys, Owen behind and Jordan in your lap. Good counsel from you concerning this new year and how we should speak to one another. Glad you and Emily had such a good evening with the Cannons. Your blessings are unending! Love, Deb
Post a Comment