How many hands does it take to fix a drawer?~
The bracket broke on one side that holds the rail for the rollers on the drawer. I came out one morning and the face of the drawer was tipped in. I didn't think I was going to get it out. Amy got the part I needed at Home Depot.
A day went by as I was thinking....hmm how will I ever line this up to make it work again......hmmm.
Well, I finally decided okay - you can do it. How hard can it be, really?!
First of all, your arm has to reach clear inside the cupboard as far as you can reach...and then you wish you could still reach further. I got one screw in - yes, I actually did and then Jordan said - HELP! He wants to help - he is my helper!
So as you can see, he had to hold my hand, and then he had to hold the screwdriver...and look inside to make sure I was doing it correctly. I asked him...."yep"
The drawer is still up and working and it has been almost a week. Awesome! Wonders never cease.I asked Amy to take a picture of this memory for Ga'ma. It really is precious when someone so little and precious wants to cuddle with you and get as close as they can to you to help you. That is special and what relationships are all about.
Emily and I are home alone. It really is quiet. She is very tired from work and sore and so she is soaking in Jordan's big tub as she reads her assignment in English. I am not used to having so much free time......I was actually cold today in the office - they have the cooler too cool for me, and Emily is HOT outdoors. Life is just not fair!
Blessings~
No comments:
Post a Comment