Wednesday, June 21, 2006

34 Years Ago, yes 34 years ago......Angie and Laura graduated from Chase County High School in Cottonwood Falls, Kansas.
Angie and I played basketball together. I would spend the night sometimes with her after basketball games as I lived 30 minutes at least from the high school. She was always tall and slim and hmmmmm...she still is. They thought they were going to be here on Monday evening and if so then the girls would have met her and her husband, Tom Thompson, but they stayed longer in Seattle and then at the coast they they expected. Emily got to meet them. They ate dinner on Tuesday evening with Emily and I.


Angie and Tom live in Strong City and have two children, Tara and Jake. Tara joined the Coast Guard and is living in a 34 ft sail boat near Ballard in the Puget Sound. Jake joined the navy but now lives near Angie and Tom, is married to a nurse, and they have twin boys who are 5 yrs old now. He has been fighting cancer for 5 yrs. First in the bone, and then to the lungs. He has been on chemo for 5 yrs.

They have a cute little dog traveling with them. Amos is just 5 months old and cute and doesn't bark. Jordan would have loved him. I guess instead of Amos and Andy it is Amos and Angie. Angie LOVES to golf. Angie's mom lives with them - she is 86 with alheimerz disease..and yes, I didn't spell it right. They brought their bikes and tent. After they left our house, they camped at Fernview Campground on the pass. Even tho mom gets all worked up over getting ready for company, I sure enjoyed their visit. It made me feel special. After all it has been many years and I have probably seen her like 4 times in the 35 years. We generally send Christmas cards each year, but this year I didn't send any. So clear from Kansas to Seattle to see their daughter and instead of going right home, they took the time to come to LEBANON to see Laura. I told them my dream to go to Kansas next June for the reunion and to see family.


I took the picture of Amos for Jordan and Owen. Posted by Picasa

No comments: