Monday, April 06, 2009

Ben and Kimber are standing in front of their church.
Their church meets in one of the grade schools in Palmer.
They attend The Church on the Rock, Palmer, AK.

This may be the last month that Kimber will zip the zipper
to keep the little one warm. The little grandjewel is growing!
The weather is getting warmer, so it will be okay!

After church we decided to eat here....
The Colony Inn Cafe


You can see the Palmer Water Tower in the background.
They dug trenches underneath the ground from the tower
to this building. It was something to do with heating....
right now my elevator doesn't seem to be at the top :o)


We enjoyed a delicious breakfast buffet.
They had never eaten here. We really enjoyed
the atmosphere and the food!

Can you find any desserts that make your stomach say - YES?!


The nice young waiter brought us a book to look through.
The book covers the history of this building with pictures.


The Colony Inn was built in 1935 ~
and it was a dormatory for
nurses and teachers.
We met the lady who decided she wanted to restore
this building and thus bless the city of Palmer.
We enjoyed the oldfashioned high chair.


This beautiful painting was painted with a famous painter in Palmer.
The name escapes me, but I know a painter who could paint it....
Kimber!



Hello - I accept phone calls at all hours
and also emails at all hours!

The Colony Inn is a bed and breakfast
and has like 14 rooms to rent out.
I will show you some of the rooms....


I would have enjoyed looking at some of these old books!












This is the owner's favorite room - the purple room.
Yes, indeed, and I didn't tell her I liked purple!



Did you notice the different shower head....



Thomas Kincade painted this and gave her one.

No comments: