I just want to say that my heart is bursting with Thanksgiving for all the Lord has done for me. My heart is bursting with love for my four girls~ as well as for Ben, Ben, Cruz, and Josh~
My heart is bursting with love for my Owen, Reece, Jordan, and Zoe~
Life is so precious, and yet so uncertain...we have no guarantees of what tomorrow holds~
But one thing I do know, My loving Heavenly Father is holding my hand ~ He is so trustworthy~
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller
And again, my heart is feeling all the beautiful things that God has blessed me with!
I am also thankful for all the sheltering trees, those special people God has placed in my heart, in my life, for they are family to me, too.
This is a special time of year when we celebrate Jesus Christ becoming a baby, so that He could become our Savior and Redeemer. I love, absolutely love, singing the Christmas songs. Please join me in singing "Away in a Manger" by clicking here. I love all the verses and I will include the 3rd verse:
Be near me Lord Jesus I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me I pray.
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care.
And take us to Heaven to live with Thee there.
(It's a guaranteed tear jerker to hold my little Reece or Zoe while singing Away in a Manger.)
"Oh Glorious Love of Christ my Lord divine.
That made Him stoop to save a soul like mine
In all my days and then in heaven above.
My song will silence never
I'll worship Him forever
And praise Him for His glorious love!
And praise Him for His glorious love!
"O for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer's praise~"
Dear Jesus~
this Christmas~
I don't want a present wrapped under the tree~
instead I want 'the gifts that are lasting, that don't collect dust.....time...loving relationships...' to be able to hug, encourage, and bless my priceless jewels, spending quality time with each other, deepening our loving relationships, and encouraging each other to grow in our relationship with Jesus. I thank God for the many many blessings they are to me and want to continue to make more and more special memories. When reality tells you what you look like in the mirror, but your grandson says, "Grandma, you are cute! I love you." That is a memory that no one can take from me, and brings tears to Grandma. When your son-in-law says, "Mom, I love you." ~ or telling bedtime stories loaded with God's truth to my grandsons and they are spell bound, and then drift off to sleep~ When God has one of my jewels call just when I am needing a hug~or walking around the neighborhood with my grandsons and learning so many interesting things from their creative conversations, baking with my girls or grandsons, knitting or crocheting with them, too, or even doing dishes with them or for them, or just rocking your babies to sleep,or just listening, or 'casting all my care upon God, for He cares for each and every one of my jewels..." I have too many blessings and memories to list and while others may not say they are worth a million dollars - this mom, this grandma, says " oh yes they are worth way more than a million - they are priceless!!!!
Read again the quote I typed above by Helen Keller. I pray you also KNOW the best gifts at Christmas are not tangible~ you cannot buy them at Macy's, Target, Old Navy, or even Wal-Mart!!
1 comment:
Well said, sister dear!
Post a Comment