He thinks he is in charge~
He is wearing Grandma's purse, and his hat, and very dignified, indeed~
And so since he appears in charge, knowing everything, I ask him where something is~
Surely you all have lost something during your lifetime.....a book, a waistline, money at Old Navy......well for me, it is a black pair of shoes.....aerosoles - a pair that is comfortable from Ross, only $20....we have looked high and low and inbetween. I have asked Jordan several times because he liked wearing them.....I wore them to school on chapel day on April 4th and have not seen them since! Now, where could a pair of shoes go? They can't walk by themselves....and yet they are out of sight and making me lose my mind!!! I have looked in different places that I think Jordan may have 'stuffed' them, but no luck. I even called and went down to Teen Challenge looking for them because we had dropped off 6 sacks of clothes and maybe Jordan helped fill the sack when Grandma was not looking. I ask Jordan and he holds his hands out and shrugs his shoulder, "I don't know, Grandma." Hopefully I won't see someone wearing them down the street broadcasting the 'great deal' they got at Teen Challenge recently!
The Unending joys of Grandma hood~ well another brief chapter in my life recently at 4 am....hearing a precious voice calling, "Grandma were is my mommy?" He is standing out in the living room, walking towards my room. I pick him up, hugging him, and tell him Mommy and baby sister are still sleeping. See - it is dark outside still. Jordan needs to sleep in his bed until the sun comes up. I lay him down...and stand up....and feel a DEFINITE wetness in my abdomen! Yes, indeed definitely! And rather cold at that.........rolling my eyes - I know that I was not wet in my bed, ....so 2 plus 2 is - AH - huggies did not do their job this time!!! Jordan, Grandma needs to change your diaper and put dry jammies on you! So, with the changing color night light a going....we change our wardrobe.....and he goes off into sleep land listening to his children songs CD - MOMMY NEVER missing s beat of sleep, and Grandma - well, I did go back into my room, and took off my lavender silk jammies from Kt, and put a blue pair from Kimber....there is something about silk - there are WONDERFUL to sleep in but if they are wet - they are COLD! I think by 5 am I was asleep and my alarm went off at 5:20............A positive note, Amy did notice and asked Jordan, how come you are wearing different jammies - where did they come from???????
Two nights later - .......Grandma is sound asleep and all of a sudden at 3:30 am - I am awear of a precious presence....standing there by my bed.... in the dark, asking Grandma, softly, "Where is my mommy? I want my mommy...." So, again I show him the darkness out the window and lay him back in his little toddler bed......and on goes the music again............... It is a weird feeling all of a sudden, not hearing anything, any warning, and yet there is a soft voice asking a very important question to him...........
It's okay, Lord, - this too shall pass! Soon I will be blessed with a little granddaughter crying for her mommy, along with Jordan asking for his mommy! You know.....it is a GOOD thing to be needed!
Megga love to each of you!


No comments:
Post a Comment