Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Grandma's BIG helper!
I came across this picture today - and it reminded me of how Jordan just loved helping me put his table together. He KNEW he was really helping Grandma! He knew how to use a hammer and a screwdriver....just a natural instinct. Then thinking thru the day's events today....I am reminded how we are alot like two year olds. Sometimes Jordan can be such a good listener. He answers, "okay and yes" and just anxious to please. And then it seems for no reason.....we begin hearing NO, I don't want to, or a big huff and sigh and a resigned no, maybe soft, maybe sharp, just an impatient roll of the eyes....but no matter what~ the message is received ~ he ain't got no plans to please at that precise moment!! Amy and I have been hearing what may be described as like a loud hum - like one note drawn out....and agrivated at the same time. We think he learned this "talent" from his friends at the day care. We are trying to deal with it.....and having lots of tears, and time outs, and one sad two year old.....we point out the difference in the tone of his answer to us, and then how we will or will not react to him...depending on if he is saying yes, mommy or saying NO! He is certainly one little smart 'cookie' :o) Pray that we will persever and not give up - there will be a reward - we believe!Anyway today Jordan and I were playing ball - or soccer - in the family room/where the table is. There is quite a bit of space there - like a long runway - or an area to really KICK the ball. I was telling him how he was a good soccer player - you will be a soccer player someday.....you will be the kicker for the team! His eyes got all big! And the grin - WIDE! I would hit the ball on the floor to him with the fist of my hand and he was primed and ready to kick it back - sometimes holding himself under control and sometimes he would kick - just alittle BIT too forceful.....but oh he IS a good kicker. He truly was wanting to have fun and listen. Well at one point he picked the ball up and laid it up on the counter and walked away....paused and looked at Grandma and said, "time out." Waited a brief moment and then reached up and grabbed the ball off the counter, turned and looked at me, very seriously, and asked, " are you gonna be a listener? I smiled and said, '"yes." He smiled and we continued on with our game!

Fragrance, beauty, such vivid colors...such delicate features....I am thankful the Lord is gentle and patient with me as He, the potter, is molding me, into a likeness of His Son..........here is a poem by John Greenleaf Whittier.
I know not what the future hath of marvel or surprise,Assured alone that life and death His mercy underlines.And is my heart and flesh are weak to bear the untried pain,The bruised reed He will not break, but strengthen and sustain.No offering of my own I have, not works my faith to prove;I can but give the gifts He gave, and please His love for love.And so beside the silent sea I wait the muffled oar;Nor harm from Him can come to me on ocean or on shore.IFragrance, beauty, such vivid colors...such delicate features....I am thankful the Lord is gentle and patient with me as He, the potter, is molding me, into a likeness of His Son..........here is a poem by John Greenleaf Whittier.

I know not what the future hath of marvel or surprise,
Assured alone that life and death His mercy underlines.
And is my heart and flesh are weak to bear the untried pain,
The bruised reed He will not break, but strengthen and sustain.
No offering of my own I have, not works my faith to prove;
I can but give the gifts He gave, and please His love for love.
And so beside the silent sea I wait the muffled oar;
Nor harm from Him can come to me on ocean or on shore.
I know not where His island life their fronded palms in air,
I only know I cannot drift beyond His love and care.
I know not where His island life their fronded palms in air,
I only know I cannot drift beyond His love and care.

Amen!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: