Tuesday, August 15, 2006

MOM'S TRIP TO BETHEL - MORE OF GOD'S COUNTRY Autust 2006
Well - here is Ben and Kimber - picking me up at the airport - :o) Burr - it is cold in Bethel! They had a dog sled all ready for me and my luggage!
ACTUALLY - this is Kimber and Ben snowshoeing last winter in the same area where we picked blue berries this August - yep it is called Tundra Ridge. I will share some pictures later.






So of course - they had warm gear for me to wear - they say you actually sweat in this fur - it is SO warm.




















Kimber and Ben have a nice apartment - full of love and joy. Emily is there visiting and working for a month. I will share later a picture of her in front of the building where she has been working as a secretary.

I arrived back in Portland at 6 pm tonight the 15th, and my dear friend and sister, Molly, picked me up and I was home by 8:15. I unloaded the 3 suitcases and have done a wash.

Jordan - Grandma didn't hear your footsteps or voice calling her when I opened the door...and she missed you greatly! I was blessed to talk with Owen and Jordan while in Anchorage airport. It was wonderful to hear their voices! So priceless! It is really out in the boonies - to not have cell phones - and we didn't have one for 10 days!

Nurse Kimbie - sitting at the desk on Northwing - she is the charge nurse. We ate lunch there with her. She only had to work one day while I was there. I enjoyed seeing where she worked and meeting some of the staff and friends.
Kimber and Ben are a blessing to MANY people in Bethel.

And YOU are a blessing to me! Thanks for your prayers. I had a wonderful wonderful time there and it was such a gift from my Heavenly Father - perfect timing, and such a priceless gift from Kimber and Ben. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so blessed by so many who love me and pray for me. Thank you each and every one. I will blog more tomorrow.
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!
MOM and Gama! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see this pic of Kimber at work and know that she is the charge nurse. I'm sure Kimber and Ben are a blessing to many in Bethel. What a blessing that you could meet some of those people. We are all so blessed~
Aunt Deb

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed ALL the photos and your account of life there. I'm so happy that you got to be there and see where they live and work. Aunt Deb