Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter 2010
If you will notice - we have a choir director~
Jim is such a good choir member -
his eyes are on the 'director' rather than the camera!
Jesus Christ has given us much to be thankful for.
Mom was resting in the Hospice Center.
She was transported back home at 4:30 pm
on Easter after spending 5 days at the center.
I left for Idaho at 4:30 after spending 9 days in Bend
helping care for mom.
I enjoyed time with the family as well.


I sat across from Josh and Jo Jo.
They have wedding plans for August 9th, 2010 (8-9-10)


Jazmin and Caleb are the happy college students~


David and Becky sat on my right -
a lovely couple as well. :)


Jaz and JoJo are resting~


Val always has a lovely table~

Eacb of us had a lovely egg filled with
special treats in front of our plate.


Beka, the kitchen professional, began making
trouffles Saturday evening and was finishing up
while Val and I were finishing getting the
Easter dinner together.

Val served fresh strawberries with pound cake.
As usual her dinner was delicious!


I can honestly say I had only one~
DELICIOUS, indeed!


There always has to be a serious one in the bunch~

Three lovely ladies~
JoJo, Beka, and Jazmin~
Hey - I will soon be JoJo's Auntie Laura :)

We did have a wonderful day together.
I enjoyed time with Beka and Val -
even strawberry crepes together, Saturday morning; yum yum.
I also enjoyed time with Becky~
I always enjoy visiting with Jackie - mom's friend
who would spend the mornings with mom.
One morning she made us biscuits and gravy.
We all went to Easter service together and
enjoyed Starbucks fellowship time afterwards.
I had shown mom a picture of the hospital bed in
her living room and she was ready to go back to her home.
Everyday she had asked if this was the day she was going back home.
I stopped to see her on my way out of town.
She was sleeping and when she opened her eyes
and saw me she cried. She was beginning to feel
more pain and thus requiring more morphine.
This was to be the last time I saw my mom on earth -
memories~ oh how precious!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Wow, sister, great pics of the Easter gathering at Jim & Val's. Thanks for sharing it and capturing details like the truffles, how lovely the table was set. As you said, precious memories! Glad you were able to be there and share it with the rest of it.