Mom received her perfect healing~
April 9th, 2010
April 9th, 2010
I fully expected to see her in 9 days.
I was going to work in the office for a week and then come back.
Amy wanted to come and help take care of her, too.
Mom, I have so many wonderful memories sewing with you.
You are the one who encouraged me to begin quilting.
I remember the first quilt we worked on.
I had won quilt blocks from the Quilting store in Sisters,
and you helped me put it together.
I KNEW I wanted to quilt.
I remember making the Lasagna pattern baby quilt
for Jordan and Owen - my first grandjewels
in your sewing room.
We used the oldies - baby 30's material.
You also passed on your love for baking to me.
The girls - well especially my sons - enjoy the
cinnamon rolls - it is YOUR recipe!
All my girls enjoy baking, too.
Kimber makes bread every week.
I remember having bread and milk with sugar
on Sunday nights on the farm.
and helped with the transition of
getting Mom back to her home.
I like this picture of mom with Beka.
Mom was resting when I arrived at 3:30 pm.She liked sleeping in recliners.
She had to sleep in a bed for only 6 nights....
and then arrived in her mansion - John 14~
Sometimes I wonder who greeted her - besides Jesus!
Who did she see after Jesus?
Who greeted her?
She was the #1 greeter for Walmart.
They missed her at Walmart when she had to quit.
I know I have this out of order - sorry.Alex wheeled mom right onto the ramp
and she rolled right into his ambulance.
Alex made sure the oxygen was hooked up right, too.This platform lift worked great at Mom's home ~
He was able to have it right on Mom's porch,
and he wheeled her right into her living room.
The trick was getting her into the bed.
Val and Becky took turns each night staying with Mom
and friends of mom and hospice volunteers came
during the day to care for mom.
Jackie was a dear dear friend
and came faithfully in the mornings
to sit with mom and visit and share.
She would rub Mom's feet and legs.
Amy was coming with Taylor to stay for 4 days and help
so Becky and Val could get some rest.
Friday 12 am, very early, Mom was restless.
She kept saying, Jesus, take me home.
It was Val's turn to spend the night.
I know this blog is a tribute to Mom,
but truly I owe so VERY MUCH to Val.
She truly gave and gave to my Mom.
I witnessed it over and over!
Val never complained, always loving,
always caring, always giving.
Val has experienced what it is like to lose a parent.
She lost her Mom from cancer just after Beka was born.
Recently her Dad passed away, too.
Jim picked the BESTEST sister for me,
that I could have ever asked for!
Val, I love you!
Thank you for showing my Mom,
the love of Jesus through your loving hands and heart!
You are so sweet with the fragrance of Jesus!
Val read the Bible to her Friday night and prayed with her.
She was in pain - and just wanted to go home.
Mom's Hospice nurse, Karen, talked with Mom's doctor
and he decided they needed to transport Mom back to hospice
to get the pain under control again.
Mom loved her Dr, Kornfelt and Karen, as well.
Karen came every week to Mom's home.
She was very loving and caring.
It was obvious that she truly cared for Mom.
I feel privileged to have met her and to see
first hand the love she showed Mom.
Becky, Val and I were visiting Mom one evening
at the Hospice Center when Dr. Kornfelt came.
After he talked with her, she asked that we all
prayed and she held out her hands.
She was most definitely including Dr. to join us!
He took the opportunity to bow out
and took her hand to say goodbye.
She told him she wanted him to pray, too, with her.
"Well, " he said, "I am not really the praying type."
Mom told him - well then just say Amen!
"Okay, show me, " he said.
I began praying and then Becky....we prayed
for Dr's family as well and thanking God for him....
thanking Jesus for His care over Mom
and for the perfect healing He had for her.
I said, "Amen" and we all joined in - and then
Dr. Kornfelt said "Amen" and Mom
REALLY liked that. It was a special moment indeed.
On Friday, the 9th, it took less than 24 hrs and
Jesus took her in his arms and carried her home.
She did get her request for healing!
Mom is totally healed and running and
at the feet of Jesus.
Hard to really comprehend...we knew she would leave someday,
but when it really happened we were not ready.
But the important thing is - Mom was ready.
For the past 6 days she kept repeating over and over~
Jesus take me home....Jesus take me home.
He had prepared her for her homecoming.
6 months ago she was not ready.
She now has her complete healing - she beat me, yes, she did.
We prayed for our healing together - and she received the perfect healing.
When you have someone that you have called every day,
When you have someone that you love,
When that special someone answers your
sewing questions (I always had many questions for her)
your cooking questions,
when they encourage you,
asks about your day,
asks why you are sad or happy....
how your day was~
prays for your healing
and then suddenly you can no longer
call that special person....
because it is way, way too long distance.....
what do you do - how do you process that?
I am struggling to find the answer to this.....
I am so happy that she is not in pain
and with Jesus - for eternity.
I told her on the phone an hour before she went to heaven
that I wished she could tell me what heaven was like when she arrived....
what it was like to SEE Jesus, and that I would meet her
just inside the Eastern Gate.
She could hear me, but couldn't talk.
The girls (Becky, Val, and Amy) said she smiled.
Don't we always do that: call our loved ones when we arrive at an
exciting destination and share the excitement with them!!!!!
Her lungs were filling with fluid.
I recited Psalm 23 to her~
I asked Becky to sing her songs....
I was torn because I was not there.....
All 6 of us were able to talk one last time with MOM.
They held the phone up to her ear...
she couldn't talk but she could hear us.
Deputy Jim came in his uniform
and that made a real hit with Mom
Her eyes lit up and I heard she smiled and laughed with
recognition as she heard his voice of authority.
"Jesus take me home...Jesus take me home"~
and He did at 7: 30 pm, Pacific time.
Mom was the 7th born of 8 children - into a poor family...
who truly worked to survive.
As my Mom, she canned, cooked, baked, sewed for 6 kids,
plus helped care for 3 Miller children, David, Roger, and Julene~
the 4 Bond children, Steve, Stephanie, Bill, and Peggy~
she milked cows and goats, worked in the garden
drove school bus.
I knew she got tired - she had to be tired;
she would set the timer for 20 minutes,
DING; off she would go again.
As adults sometimes, our personalities would have friction~
she was cantankerous...at times...
the nurses and CNA's just smiled; they all enjoyed Mom.
I knew she loved me.
Jesus provided the way for eternity with Him
An Endless Hope - NOT a hopeless end~
as a gift...
The free gift cost his life, his blood -
He is the perfect Lamb~
Each of us can have a healthy, loving relationship with the
creator of the world....the son of God~
and thus we are joint heirs,
children of God~
God loves us with the same love that He loves Jesus~
His loving thoughts of me, of mom, of each of you
out number the grains of sand.
A FREE GIFT - bought with His blood...
my mom is experiencing that awesome gift right now....
her faith is now sight.
Eternity for her is just getting started...
I remember when it was 9:30 pm
thinking....wow my Mom has been in heaven
with Jesus for 2 hrs and the celebration is just getting started!!!!
WOW - like what a thought - an awesome TRUTH
She was tired, worn, in pain,
but Jesus took her in His arms,
and instantly she was healed, running, her knees no longer stiff~
and no more lonely nights for her.....
no more shutting the blinds,
locking the doors,
no more tears or broken hearts ~
Heaven
brilliant with the Light from Jesus,
The Love of Jesus
Life everlasting.
My son in law, Ben Tichenor, sent me the words to this song -
the night Mom went to heaven...
I listened to it on youtube as
I cried tears.....trying to process~
It's called Eternity
by Brian Doreksen
"I will be Yours
You will be mine
Together in eternity
Our hearts of love
Will be entwined
Together in eternity
Forever in eternity
I will be Yours
You will be mine
Together in eternity
Our hearts of love
Will be entwined
Together in eternity
Forever in eternity
No more tears of pain
in our eyes
No more fear or shame
For we will be with You
For we will be with You
We will run to Your Arms
Like the prodigal to the Father's Arms
Fully Accepted
Fully Redeemed
Fully Forgiven
In the Father's Arms
Nothing will separate us from Your Love
We worship, We worship
No longer separated from Your Love
I will be yours
You will be mine
When I come running home
Nothing will ever come between us "
My hope is built on nothing less than
Jesus Blood and righteousness.
UNFAILING LOVE
UNFAILING LOVE FLOWS FROM HIS HEART AND HEALS MY SOUL,
IN SPITE OF WHO I AM, HE LOVES AND MAKES ME WHOLE.
I ALMOST CAN'T BELIEVE ITS TRUE,
UNFAILING LOVE AND YET I KNOW
HE GAVE HIS LIFE TO GIVE TO ME
UNFAILING LOVE.
IF THE HIGHEST MOUNTAINS TURN TO ASHES,
IF THE MIGHTY RIVERS SHOULD RUN DRY,
SHOULD SUN AND MOON GROW DIM,
I STILL WILL TRUST IN HIM, HE'S WATCHING FROM ABOVE,
I'M RESTING IN HIS LOVE.
UNFAILING LOVE,
I ALMOST CAN'T BELIEVE ITS TRUE,
UNFAILING LOVE, AND YET I KNOW
HE GAVE HIS LIFE TO GIVE TO ME
UNFAILING LOVE,
UNFAILING LOVE
We will see you soon, Mom -
just inside the Eastern Gate.
~
I love you.
.

5 comments:
Dearest Mom,
You did a great job communicating your heart as a contribute to Grandma--your momma.
It is neat how you guys talked everyday and were such great friends. You meant an awful lot to her.
We love you,
Ben, Kimber, and Karley
Very, very, very wonderful posting, sister, as you recounted some of Mom's final days and hours as well as your feelings. I'm glad to see the pics of her then. We cannot imagine how glorious she is now. But we will be there, too, someday!
Dear Mom,
I read your added text this morning. I love the story about how Grandma had her doctor pray with you guys too--and how you guys prayed for the doctor's family and then how he said amen...how special! :) I'm sure Grandma touched his heart in a special way. I smiled because I can totally see her telling her doctor to stay and pray with her. :)
i love you~
Beautiful, Laura. I am going to have some of this posted on the funeral home site if that is ok with you...
See you soon!
You beautiful tribute to your mom brought tears to my eyes. It was very thoughtfully and lovingly written. You are in my prayers as well as all the family.
Love, Betty
Post a Comment