Friday, January 04, 2008


Emily's Christmas break~I am very thankful that Emily could come home
during Christmas break.

She has finished the 1st semester of her junior year.
Reece enjoyed her Aunti Em~
Reece doesn't like to smile at the camera,
but she does like to smile at people she loves.
It is precious when she smiles at Grama
and then gives Grama one of her very special, moist, slobbery,
juicy kisses....with a nose rub included of course.
Those kind of kisses are so precious!
And no - they are not gross~
Emily is saying goodbye to Katie, Ben, Owen, and baby Reece
Wednesday night. Doesn't Reece and Emily look great!
Emily left the next morning, (January 4th)
at 5 am for Texas.
Tuesday, the 8th, she will begin her 2nd semester at LETU.
This picture was taken at church - Calvary Chapel in Boise.
Calling all my kindred spirits ~
my praying sisters and brothers in Christ~
I know you will join me in praying for Emily
as she begins the 2nd half of her junior year.
Also, keep Josh and Emily in prayer
as they continue to make wedding plans,
asking the Lord for His wisdom and guidance in all the decisions~
He promises a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.....

Okay ~ bear with me.....
Mom (me) needed some laughter tonight
The house is too quiet and empty
I was tired from printing off MANY MANY finals for the high school students..
Doesn't it say laughter is good medicine?

Well, I was reminded of one of Ben's favorite movies,
The Three Amigos
.
I was thinking of Ben and Dwight ~
two very special jewels in my life....
January 10th is their birthday and so to enjoy an evening with Ben,
I checked out The Three Amigos from our library...
knowing it would give me some laughter.
The singing bush in the movie sings the songs
that I like to sing to my grandkids~

I wanted to be so kind, so very kind, and share a link with you,
so you also could enjoy
The Three Amigos singing, My Little Buttercup.
I played it over and over on the TV
and got the brilliant idea of looking for the short clip
on youtube so I could share it with all my favorite people!
Super dooper - indeed it was there.
Click HERE and you will get to hear them sing My Little Buttercup.
Blessings and joys come in many different ways! :o)
Thank you Lord for laughter just when we need it.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Sister dear, thank you for your comments on our blog and for the Little Buttercup video. You are right - we need to laugh! Enjoyed the photos of Emily with Reece and you. Certainly will pray for her and Josh.
love to all, Deb