Wednesday, November 14, 2007


Three cheers for my son-in-law!
Reece is having fun with her daddy out in the garage, watching him work in his t-shirt factory~Yes, I want to put the spot light on one of my priceless jewels~

Mr. Mom ~ Dadda ~ Ben ~ Benjamin ~ one awesome joy~

Ben, or rather Mr. Mom, has been doing a TERRIFIC job of taking care of Owen and Reece and the household when Katie is at work. I want to go on record saying I am truly proud of him! I came home from work at 2 pm today to help out and I arrived to find Reece out in the garage with her Dadda, dressed all warm, of course in lavender, and Ben at work on his t-shirt assembly line, but in full control of situation, and totally taking good care of Reece. She was happy out there with him. So I took a picture of him in the garage. We moved Reece over by him just for the picture, but he originally had her more off to the side, because he is working with very hot equipment. Yesterday when I got there, he had the dishes all done, the kids, all happy, and his t-shirt job done for the day, roast in the crockpot, mashed potatoes done, and dinner was smelling really, really good! And I tell you - all this with a smile! I am not kidding! I think he does appreciate Katie, too, realizing that it does take just alittle bit of energy to keep up with two little ones and still keep the house in some sort of shape!
Really, the main ingredient is LOVE!
So ..... I am doing the gratitude dance....
I want Ben to know that I appreciate him!
I love Ben - I am proud of Ben~
He is a joy~
I am thankful for Ben..thankful for this jewel
that God brought into my life, through Katie.
He blesses me in so many, many ways.
Ben loves his little girl, Reece Marie. She turned 4 months, weighing 16 pounds!
He does a super dooper good job taking care of her, too!
Ben and Owen went over to his brothers house for alittle bit this afternoon, while Grandma stayed with Reece. She woke up, and well....we had a alittle snuggle time....she got a kick out of the mirror and Grandma's funny faces! Grandma fed her cereal and she really likes it! We also had her bath done before Mommy came home at 7:30 pm. Ben had dinner all done for us - yes they were left overs - who cares - it is the thought that counts - and Ben gives his all!
Owen had just finished reading three books to Reece~
Reece likes her little tummy rug


3 comments:

The Lyons said...

i enjoyed your blog mom! reece has grown a bunch! love ya

Debra said...

Thank you for continuing to share with us all bits of your life there!

Debra said...

I also want to add praise for Ben being "the man" of the house and caring carefully for his family, being Jesus there among them. Thanks for letting us know, sister!