A Precious Gift of Love~
Hugs do travel across state lines:o)
Hmm, it's not my birthday....
It's not Christmas....
It's not Mother's Day...
I couldn't think of a reason for a package...
and from WHOM??
Oh my, it's from Betty Cannon Barnes!
My mind was trying to process a reason
why she would send me something right now??
It was wrapped up so well that it took awhile to open it~
and lo and behold - a beautiful painting
in the colors that I love!
I was awe struck - such a wonderful gift of love
at an unexpected time!
Isn't that what God does for us?
He is able ~ like no other ~ to come in quietly
and give such great hugs,
such glorious love....
Betty's pastor's wife painted the picture.
Betty told me when she saw it, she knew that it was for Laura!
She thought I would especially enjoy receiving it right after Emily's wedding.
She was right!
Did you notice the colors?
It will be a great memory, given August 2008~
the purple reminds me of the dress that I wore,
and the green reminds me of the dresses the girls wore, Emily's wedding colors
and the whole picture is a fresh reminder of God's Love.
Betty, thank you SO much for being God's special agent
and sending me such a special hug from God.
May the Lord bless you and your family mightily!

No comments:
Post a Comment