Happy Mother's Day, Mom~
In honor of my mom~
I finished the top of the quilt she started.
This is the top to Bound to the Prairie
that was on her sewing machine desk...
She had 78 blocks out of 100 sewn together.
It measures 85" by 85".
Mom, you have been in heaven
a month already,
and yet - you have only just begun celebrating!
Yes, a month is just a blink of an eye or less!
I am so glad you are away from all the pain!
getting the batting and also preparing
the backing for the quilt.
Next I need to find someone to machine quilt it for me.
Thank you Mom for teaching me the love of quilting.
I have many wonderful memories of sewing with you!
Quilts are true family treasures
because of all the love they convey
and all the cherished memories they hold.
at her preschool.....Stepping Stones.
reservations at Miss Tami's Tea Cottage.
We enjoyed two pots of
Cinnamon Orange Spice tea
plus the delicious buffet.
I also surprised them with a
quilt that their Grandma Betty had made.
We also enjoyed eating all together at
Red Robin after church today.
Thanks, Ben and Cruz! :)
I am proud of all four of my daughters -
I am thankful for the honor of being your mom!
A mother's love never dies - only grows and grows
and then grows some more!
To God be the Glory - Great things He has done!
1 comment:
Laura, what a nice thing you did in honor of Mom, finishing the top of the last quilt she'd worked one. I'm sure you'll get it finished all the way, too. Maybe the machine quilting could be done by the woman who was doing it for Mom. I think her name is Jeanette? I'm sure Val knows.
So glad you and Katie got to enjoy preschool with Reece and the tea room time with Amy & Katie looks very nice, too.
Sounds like you've had a very nice Mother's Day weekend, with lunch together today. I'm so glad for you. Love, Deb
Post a Comment