The Joy of the Lord is our strength~
I just love this picture!
To me it represents many things:
love, joy, laughter, God's beauty,
peace, trust,
loving relationships,
to me, even freedom in Christ!
LAUGHTER~ today I want to share about laughter~
Even as I attempt to post this blog I must have laughter...
I just began typing and my computer bumps off line...so~
hmm..so I turn on my work laptop so I can continue...
otherwise, I may lose all the brain power I have on this subject,
forgetting what I wanted to share.
Momma said there would be days like this...
how many of you have had days like this?
You program your coffee maker to come on in the morning at 5:45 am~
ah, the wonderful aroma of fresh coffee
one small detail: I neglected to slip the coffee pot underneath the drip mechanism -
thus coffee all over the counter and down onto floor.
You have to laugh as you begin cleaning up the mess so you can have the fresh cup of coffee
IN your coffee cup as you have your peaceful quiet time with the Lord. :o)
OR~
after your shower, you grab the spray bottle to clean your glasses..
One squirt per lense.....
oops, I grabbed the Pantene Syle Anti-Frizz serum....
hmmm, my glasses seem to be alittle oily...
oh just more of that protective coating you know!
Once again you have to smile and laugh.
OR~
you forget to get that fresh towel before getting into the shower.
You did your laundry so there isn't a towel hanging on the rack by the tub...
You turn off the shower, open the curtain, and da da! NO towell is there.
For me, I smiled, laughed, and for fun, called out Amy's name....
"Hey, Amy, I forgot a towel...can you get one for me?"
I then stepped out in all my dripping beauty
and opened the closet in my bathroom to get a fresh towel.
(I did for fun call Amy, telling her that I had called her name out, with a BIG smile,
asking her to get a towel for me...yes knowing she wasn't there,
but just adding laughter to my situation for me.)
OR~
you grab a bottle, shake it, and then open it...
you know just out of habit...
They always tell you to shake the coffee creamer before opening it.
Well, I shook, like any good girl who reads directions does
out of habit...
only it was mineral water, fizzie mineral water.........
Yes, I smiled and knew my elevator was NOT
clear to the top at the moment~
OR~
you are trying to do your catheter procedure...
one hand is holding the cath tube...
you are looking everywhere beside the toilet..
where oh where is the lubricant...
where oh where....
hmm after 3 or 4 minutes of looking and thinking...
and a few frustrations....
ah...it's in my hand - I am multi-tasking,
holding BOTH the cath tube and the jell tube!
:o) smiling again.....
OR~
the next morning while doing the cath procedure
somehow the mirror that you are holding
slips out of your hand....splashing...
yes, into the toilet....
smiling, laughter, is the only thing to logically do at that moment!
OR~
you are at work, and even though this may be the 4th time
that you have done the cath procedure that day...
the lights come on in your head....
and you notice...sitting there....that your
underwear are actually wrong side out!
Well, I say, I have survived this long today,
I will just continue wearing them wrongside out.
Who will know, anyway???
It's certainly better wearing them dry that way,
than the day that somehow my cath tube
flipped out of my hand spraying
you know what on my underwear that
happened to be right side out that day,
with just a drip on my slacks.
Whew I said, smiling, and laughing inside.
OR~
how in the world did my real coffee filter that came with
my Cuisanart end up in the garbage under the sink!
It was garbage day and I had already emptied the garbage under the sink.
I decided to get the two cans I had put in there the night before
and just keep the same bag. Well, what in the world, is at the bottom,
under the cans? How in the world did my filter get from the
coffee maker into the garbage.
Jordan and Owen aren't here....it's amazing how it could
jump from the counter into the garbage under the sink.
Miracles never cease and laughter must continue to survive!
Yes, Momma told me there'd be days like this!

I know you are continuing to pray for Mom. We don't need to understand
We just need to hold His hand,
We don't need to understand the reason why...
For I know He'll make a way....
through the night and through the day...
We don't need to understand...We just need to hold His hand.
Our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus!
He passionately LOVES us!
Yes, I like these pictures...
It's been a hard week to feel like I am on top of things
I need energy like they have...
and God promises strength for our day.

Go ahead, smile, laugh....it feels good.
As I am sewing, I have been watching DVD's of Anne of Avonlea....I still cry as I watch them...
Seeing the delight in Matthew's eyes as he enjoys his time with Anne,
reminds me that my My Heavenly Father delights in me.
To hear Anne ask whether they have ever wished to be
divinely beautiful...
reminds me that I am divinely beautiful in God's eyes.
"Oh the fathomless love of the Savior's heart...
every drop of it is ours.
The whole of Christ
His wisdom is our direction...
His knowledge our instruction...
His power our protection...
His justice our surety...
His love our comfort...
His mercy our solace....
and His immutability our trust.
He makes no reserve, but opens the recesses of the mountain of God
and bids us dig in its mines for the hidden treasures.
Oh, how sweet thus to behold Jesus, and to call upon Him
with certain confidence that in seeking the intervention
of His love or power, we are but asking for that
which He has already faithfully promised! " Charles Spurgeon
Hallelujah!
1 comment:
Wow, you packed a lot into this entry! Today's Spurgeon was very good and I see you posted some of it. So glad you are choosing to laugh at the mishaps or things that go wrong and can see God rescuing you (like reaching into the trash to get the two cans and finding the coffee filter). I like seeing the pictures of them jumping. Just how they do it I don't know.
Post a Comment