Sunday, July 08, 2007

July ~ See ya later....rather than goodbyes...
Jordan and I meet Grandpa George at McDonalds this morning at 8:40 am. Jordan came and played on the inside playground while Grandpa George and I enjoyed coffee and sharing together before singing at the nursing home.
It is hard when we have to say, "see ya later, Dad." I don't want to say goodbye - that is too final sounding. God has placed special people in our lives and it is hard when we can't be near all of them. We have kindred spirits, bosom friends, and special family members who have held us up in prayer, encouraged us in SO many, many ways. This morning singing for the last time.... for now... with my Dad at the nursing home was hard. Of course we sang some of our favorites together. Tears would come to my eyes and I would say, thank you Father, for the joy of singing with my Dad. Thank you for your faithfulness and I know that YOU are trustworthy to watch over him for me while I am 9 hours away. I had to reach my arm out and place it around his shoulder, thanking God again, for him. Not because he is perfect, not because I am perfect, but because of God's grace, because of our relationship, because of forgiveness and because of healthy relationships!

We sang: I know My Redeemer Liveth
Oh Glorious Love
Amazing Grace Will Always Be My Song of Praise
Come Thou Fount
God Leads Us Along
(Dad remembers me playing this for him in the 4th grade as the first song I played for him as he sang.)
Jesus Loves Me
He is so Precious to Me
and more......


Zoe Marie is 3 wks old!
We are winding down on the packing. Emily and I both work on Monday and a half day on Tuesday. There are several items we need to do in town. Praise the Lord... my brother Daniel will drive the 22 foot truck for me on Friday. He is coming on the 12th to help load. My goal is to also have the house all clean, sinks, bathrooms, vacuuming, and all. I have washed all my curtains and put up the ugly original curtains that came with the house. We had a wonderful dinner and evening with Dwight and Martha, "papa wight" on Saturday evening. Jordan says we are moving to Idaho and that Owen lives there. Today was his last Sunday at his Sunday School class ~ And Lord, we are in a transition - on to another season in our lives........but one thing is for sure! God is going before us and He is our Guide, our Provider, our Safe Hiding Place, our Shelter, our Rock, our Redeemer, our Friend, and He is in control and has the VERY VERY best planned for us! And even if at times it seems we are in the desert - He knows exactly where the springs are for He is the LIVING WATER!
Thanks for your prayers!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debra said...

Sister dear, great blog - love the picture of Dad & Jordan and I love knowing the songs you and Dad sang. Amazing he remembers the first song you played for him to sing. You are correct about it being so difficult that we cannot be with everyone we want to be with in one place. I think that will happen in heaven, at least those who are there that we know. And Zoe has changed so much already. Maybe the difference is her eyes being wide open. Her hair is sticking up like Jordan's did. I'm praying for to have joy and strength this week "Day by day and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here..." Love to all!