Saturday, September 09, 2006

HUGS
Yes, HUGS, are my theme today. Today, Praise the Lord, I was feeling hugs from so many people. It got me thinking of how thankful I am for hugs.....for what they mean.....for how special they are.....that they are simple to give, and one can give many many. Hugs fill your heart with so much warmth, so much love, it makes one want to give and give love back in return.....

Have I received anything back from Jordan from all the hugs I have given him?
Absolutely! Have I given him too many?
Absolutely not!
I have received and received so much from my two grandboys - and they are only two years old! This hug with Jordan and Gama was taken in Castle Rock, Colorado, on August 24th. We were saying goodbye and heading onto our destination - Kansas and then Texas. Jordan gave such a great awesome hug. He has grown so much since leaving Lebanon on August 5th. I am so glad that God has made our hearts to hold megga love - and that for those times that our hearts are overflowing, bubbling over with love, that we don't have to say - NO MORE - my heart is full, no more capacity - it is wasting and going over the top......
Absolutely not - as our hearts overflow with love, we can pass it on to others around us, and we can keep receiving and keep giving..........

HUGS
This hug with Emily and Mom, was taken in Emily's dorm room August 27th. We were leaving for Mary's in Tyler, TX. She drove me there around 6 pm. We got to eat together at Cracker Barrel in Tyler. I spent the night at Mary's and Emily headed back to college to begin her 2nd year at LeTourneau. It is a 40 minute drive between college and Tyler.
So this hug - Again, I am so blessed. I need to put a picture of hugs from Katie, Kimber, and Amy, too. Could a mother have their daughters any further away - all spread out. It would be fun to be able to pop in and have a cup of tea with them, too, and fix a meal for them, wash some clothes for them, or just sit and tell them how proud I am of them and how they are such great mommies. I feel their hugs every single day. Hugs from people who love you - tell you that you are never alone.....that their thoughts and prayers go with you, that thoughts of you fill their hearts, that they believe in you, that they trust you, that they have faith in you, that you are special.....that they support you...and you know hugs don't just happen between two people because they are perfect people! No, God continues to work in and thru me, perfecting that which concerns me, molding me, forgiving me, and most importantly, LOVING ME! Sorry that I can't post a picture of God and me hugging. That will have to happen when we all arrive in Heaven. I know He hugs me every day, all thru out the day....and so many times, His hugs come to me from you and I want to say thank you!

HUGS


Can one measure the love that comes from a sister who is hugging me? It goes on and on. I am so blessed. I get sooooo much more from my sisters than I can ever give in return. The warmth I receive from their hugs, again tell me that I am loved, accepted, and cherished - for in fact I do so cherish the relationship we have together. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. I truly wish we could live closer than we do - just to pop in and have a cup of tea together, meet at the mall and walk and shop and talk!

HUGS
And hugs from Owen (and by the way these hugs are not in any certain order - ALL of them are precious to me!)
yes, hugs from Owen, so very precious, and look at those big brown eyes! I again have received and received so much from Owen. He is precious, created of God, and when a little one hugs you it fills you with SOOOO much warmth. They truly love their grandma, and think I am the best Grandma - and do you know what that does to my heart! Oh my! 'Course they think their gama is goofy and funny - wait till they get older, then they will really understand how dorky I am. Actually, do you think this picture shows in Owen's eyes, that he already knows how goofy Gama is and yet he loves me - his eyes tell me so. I am wondering when they become 16 years of age, will Gama still be able to hug them or will it embarass them....I hope not. I look forward to so many many more hugs and times with Owen and Jordan and the many more precious grandchildren to come along.

And so, HUGS are such a gift. Each one of you are priceless to me, and I am thankful today and always. May the Lord bless you mightily! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debra said...

What a nice way to bless everyone, with your theme of hugs and what they do for you. It was nice that you included our latest sister photo, too! I loved the pictures and thank you for sharing your love in this special way!